Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, i have proplem with internt on my macbook pro, it's only happend after updating the system. other devices work good without any slow internt connection

After updating the system to Big Sur i have really slow internet connection and freez in all internet base apps like (browsers, whatsapp, skype...) all other devices with same wifi connection work fine.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 2:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 2:27 AM

Hi,

Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Restart your MacBook Pro: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve internet connectivity issues.
  2. Check the Wi-Fi connection: Make sure your MacBook Pro is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network and that the network is working properly. Try disconnecting and reconnecting to the Wi-Fi network to see if that helps.
  3. Reset the Network Settings: Go to System Preferences > Network and click the "Advanced" button. Then, click the "Reset" button to reset your network settings.
  4. Disable VPN: If you're using a VPN, try disabling it to see if that resolves the issue.
  5. Disable Firewall: Try temporarily disabling the firewall to see if it is causing the issue. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall and click the "Turn Off Firewall" button.
  6. Update your drivers: If the issue persists, try updating your drivers. Go to System Preferences > Software Update to see if there are any updates available for your MacBook Pro.
  7. Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP): If the above steps don't resolve the issue, it may be a problem with your internet service. Contact your ISP to see if they can assist you.

These steps should help you resolve the issue with your internet connectivity on your MacBook Pro. If the problem persists, it may be a good idea to take your MacBook Pro to an Apple store or authorized repair center for further diagnosis and repair.

essam223 wrote:

After updating the system to Big Sur i have really slow internet connection and freez in all internet base apps like (browsers, whatsapp, skype...) all other devices with same wifi connection work fine.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2023 2:27 AM in response to essam223

Hi,

Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Restart your MacBook Pro: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve internet connectivity issues.
  2. Check the Wi-Fi connection: Make sure your MacBook Pro is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network and that the network is working properly. Try disconnecting and reconnecting to the Wi-Fi network to see if that helps.
  3. Reset the Network Settings: Go to System Preferences > Network and click the "Advanced" button. Then, click the "Reset" button to reset your network settings.
  4. Disable VPN: If you're using a VPN, try disabling it to see if that resolves the issue.
  5. Disable Firewall: Try temporarily disabling the firewall to see if it is causing the issue. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall and click the "Turn Off Firewall" button.
  6. Update your drivers: If the issue persists, try updating your drivers. Go to System Preferences > Software Update to see if there are any updates available for your MacBook Pro.
  7. Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP): If the above steps don't resolve the issue, it may be a problem with your internet service. Contact your ISP to see if they can assist you.

These steps should help you resolve the issue with your internet connectivity on your MacBook Pro. If the problem persists, it may be a good idea to take your MacBook Pro to an Apple store or authorized repair center for further diagnosis and repair.

essam223 wrote:

Hi, i have proplem with internt on my macbook pro, it's only happend after updating the system. other devices work good without any slow internt connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.