Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone turns off during charging and requires force reset

my iPhone twice over the last 3 months has turned off in the middle of the night and required a force reset once I wake up. It is an IPhone 14 Pro Max with the latest version of iOS. From the battery chart it looks like last night it turned off at about 2am. When turning it on it shows no sign of life until I volume up, down, hold lock button

Has anyone else seen this? This is now the second time this has happened over the last couple months and it is very inconvenient when you use your phone as an alarm.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 4:38 AM

If you already tried (to no avail) all the steps provided in this support article:--> If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge, since your iPhone is still covered by warranty, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device+charger+cable inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2023 4:38 AM in response to Thosler1

If you already tried (to no avail) all the steps provided in this support article:--> If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge, since your iPhone is still covered by warranty, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device+charger+cable inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

iPhone turns off during charging and requires force reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.