Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just bought a new imac 24in and imported the Mail app from my Laptop (9 year old MacBook Pro). However it has not imported everything and the inbox content stops at almost 3 weeks ago. This is for Gmail. What is wrong?

I have just bought a new iMac 24in and imported the Mail app from my Laptop (9 year old MacBook Pro). However it has not imported everything and the inbox content stops at almost 3 weeks ago as well as only containing emails for the last 13 months for which there is only a small selection anyway. This is for Gmail. Oddly if I go to the online version there still are quite a few emails missing compared to the Mail app on MacBook Pro version. This started happening some weeks ago

Would it be easier to just delete the entire Mail app which I have just imported and start again?

iMac 24″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 4:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 7:06 AM

You can't delete the Mail app itself, which wouldn't help anyway. You can however remove the affected email Account(s), and add them again.

Refer to If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support. It suggests using the email service provider's webmail interface, and confirm messages appear as expected in it. If they do not appear then look in its Trash or Junk or Spam folders or their equivalents. If you can't find them anywhere then there will be nothing to retrieve.

The final step in fixing Mail app's missing messages is to Remove your email account, then add it back.

First remove: Log out of or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Then add: Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Be sure to heed the Important note in the first document.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2023 7:06 AM in response to smwebb21

You can't delete the Mail app itself, which wouldn't help anyway. You can however remove the affected email Account(s), and add them again.

Refer to If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support. It suggests using the email service provider's webmail interface, and confirm messages appear as expected in it. If they do not appear then look in its Trash or Junk or Spam folders or their equivalents. If you can't find them anywhere then there will be nothing to retrieve.

The final step in fixing Mail app's missing messages is to Remove your email account, then add it back.

First remove: Log out of or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Then add: Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Be sure to heed the Important note in the first document.

I have just bought a new imac 24in and imported the Mail app from my Laptop (9 year old MacBook Pro). However it has not imported everything and the inbox content stops at almost 3 weeks ago. This is for Gmail. What is wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.