Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Won't login in with designated TV Provider (Cox)

Recently, my Apple TV became disconnected from my TV provider (Cox). If I try to connect to a streaming source that requires you to be a subscriber to such a provider (for example, Turner Classic Movies), it starts the login process, I get a Cox sign in page, enter my credentials, but get an error message that there was a technical problem logging in, please try later. This has been going on for more than a week.

I have verified that my cox user name and password are correct. I can use them to log in to the cox website. If I launch the TCM app on my iPad, it successfully recognizes me as a Cox subscriber. It is just the Apple TV 4K that can't seem to recognize me.

(On the Apple TV 4K, I have gone into settings to where TV Provider is designated. If I try to log in from there I get the same technical error.)

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 1:54 PM

I seem to recall sign-in issues for a TV provider when they had two-factor authentication active at that provider. Try disabling that temporarily for your your account with them, if possible. Also see the linked user replies from longfellow and Dan Batson.

1 reply

Apple TV Won't login in with designated TV Provider (Cox)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.