Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VPN disconnects WiFi while attempting to connect

This is an issue I've had across multiple networks and multiple VPNs, so I believe this is an IOS issue. Whenever I attempt to connect to a VPN over a WiFi network, my device will disconnect, attempt to connect over my mobile data connection, then reconnect to the WiFi network. This becomes an issue because I use a network in a remote location that gets poor data reception, so I end up not being able to connect at all. This has happened with ExpressVPN, Nord, and Mullvad on both private and public networks.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 4:37 AM

Please contact the VPN service provider.

1 reply

VPN disconnects WiFi while attempting to connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.