Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove this Chrome error message from my iPhone?

This is the pop-up that comes up every time I try to go to a link which obviously must take me directly to Safari and then I’ll forward it to Chrome. I do not use Safari because I just am fed up with it. But how do I get rid of this particular pop-up every time? Thanks. I am using my iPad and iPhone, and always with Chrome as my browser.

I have gone to my settings and obviously set up chrome as my default browser. I don’t even like updates from Safari or running in my background. I just can’t get rid of it.thank you

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 11:55 AM

Set Chrome as your default web browser

Important: Make sure you have Google Chrome downloaded and installed on your iPhone or iPad. Download Chrome for iPhones and iPads.

1. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app .
  2. Tap More   Settings .
  3. Tap Default browser.
  4. Tap Open Chrome settings  Default browser app. 
  5. Set Chrome as your Default browser app.

Tips:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2023 11:55 AM in response to vszn0712

Set Chrome as your default web browser

Important: Make sure you have Google Chrome downloaded and installed on your iPhone or iPad. Download Chrome for iPhones and iPads.

1. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app .
  2. Tap More   Settings .
  3. Tap Default browser.
  4. Tap Open Chrome settings  Default browser app. 
  5. Set Chrome as your Default browser app.

Tips:

How to remove this Chrome error message from my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.