Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo is not in english

I am using safari version 16.2 and os Ventura 13.1. I have my homepage set as yahoo.com. Just today, when I start my safari, my yahoo homepage is win Portuguese with the website address of br.yahoo.com. I can change it to English by going to world.yahoo.com and choosing United Staes English. But when I close out safari and then go back into yahoo, it goes back to br.yahoo.com. I spent 30 minutes with a yahoo rep and still no success. I noticed that my eBay website is also in Portuguese. When I sign into eBay, it reverts to English, but if I close Safari, when I open Safari back up and go to eBay, it reverts to Portuguese. The seem to be the only 2 websites that are affected. I must have hit something accidentally and can't figure it out. I have been to system settings and preferences, General, Language and Region. Everything there is correct with region United States and Language English.

Please help.

If you answer this, please note that I am NOT computer savvy so you have to dumb down your answer and give precise step by step procedures.

Thanks!

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 12:44 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 13, 2023 11:13 AM in response to Terrifict

Hi there Terrifict,

You mentioned that you have your homepage set as yahoo.com. Have you tried making sure the correct website appears for your homepage in Safari settings? You can do so with these steps:

1. In the Safari app  on your Mac, choose Safari > Settings, then click General.
2. In the Homepage field, enter a webpage address. To simply use the webpage you’re currently viewing, click Set to Current Page.

You'll find those steps and more information here: Change your homepage in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

We'd also suggest updating to macOS Ventura 13.2 with these steps: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Take care.

Yahoo is not in english

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.