Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

make newest messages at the bottom of the inbox list

how to change mac mail client to display newest inbox messages at bottom of list after moving to another mailbox (like drafts, then going back to inbox). It currently ignores the setting in mail/settings/viewing/then the checkbox to "show most recent at top" -currently unchecked.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 6:15 PM

2 replies

Feb 11, 2023 7:18 PM in response to a brody

This is on Ventura 13.1. This issue "is" plaguing both my wife and I, both on Ventura 13.1. One is a 14 inch M1 macbook pro, the other a 13 inch M2 macbook air. I've made so many changes, trying to straighten out this behavior, and now is "seems" to be fine, after a few hours of making changes! It was so frustrating, having it jump right back to the oldest items when returning to the inbox from, say, the drafts folder. We both like the mac mail client behavior similar to our older macs, with newest items at the bottom of the list, and sorting the list by "received date". The item in "mail/settings/viewing/show most recent at the top" had absolutely no impact on the behavior!

Thanks for ideas. If it returns, I'll try a more methodic approach to correct the misbehavior.

make newest messages at the bottom of the inbox list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.