Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upon highlighting some text when texting before any further movement or removing my finger where did that text evaporate to, not even offered the dialogue box of copy/cut/paste -not being able to copy it before it disappears there’s nothing to paste!

Upon highlighting some text when texting before any further movement or removing my finger where did that text evaporate to? Not even offered the dialogue box of “copy/cut/paste” -not being able to copy it before it disappears there’s nothing to paste forcing me immediately while fresh in my memory to remember all the well crafted points in to re-compose it

How do I get it back? It just began two or three months ago on my SE 13 3rd generation iPhone.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 9:30 PM

Have you tried this?

Turn the onscreen keyboard into a trackpad

1. Touch and hold the Space bar with one finger until the keyboard turns light gray.
  2. Move the insertion point by dragging around the keyboard.
  3. To select text, touch and hold the keyboard with a second finger, then adjust the selection by moving the first finger around the keyboard.

See Select, cut, copy, and paste text for more ways to select text.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2023 9:30 PM in response to techinn33d

Have you tried this?

Turn the onscreen keyboard into a trackpad

1. Touch and hold the Space bar with one finger until the keyboard turns light gray.
  2. Move the insertion point by dragging around the keyboard.
  3. To select text, touch and hold the keyboard with a second finger, then adjust the selection by moving the first finger around the keyboard.

See Select, cut, copy, and paste text for more ways to select text.

Upon highlighting some text when texting before any further movement or removing my finger where did that text evaporate to, not even offered the dialogue box of copy/cut/paste -not being able to copy it before it disappears there’s nothing to paste!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.