Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Scenes, Home app not synching across all devices

How do I get the Home app to sync across all devices?

ISSUE(S):

Scenes disappeared from several devices.

Home app changes not synching across all devices.

DEVICES:

iPhone 13 Pro (iOS 16.3)

MacBook Pro (Ventura 13.1)

iPhone 14 Pro (iOS 16.2)

Apple TV (tvOS 16.3)

iPad Pro (iPadOS 16.3)

EXPERIENCE:

Changes wallpaper and unfortunately missing scenes syncs to 3 of 5 devices: iPhone 13 Pro, MacBook Pro, and Apple TV.

iPhone 14 Pro, iPad Pro show old wallpaper AND old Scenes(!)

See images below for example.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 10:26 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 14, 2023 9:25 AM in response to Vince Wilcox

UPDATE:

Only 1 device now shows old Scenes. All devices show old wallpaper.

STEPS TAKEN:

Updated iPad Pro, now the Scenes are missing but the old wallpaper is still showing.

ISSUES:

Missing Scenes.

Adding suggested or new scenes with same name as old scenes creates error "Could not edit scene …"

EXAMPLE:

If I try to create a suggested scene, Good Morning or Good Night, both of which I previously had, it gives an error message "Could not edit scene "Good Morning"".

I CAN create a new suggested scene Arrive Home, Leave Home, or any new scene with a different name than previous scenes.

TROUBLESHOOTING:

I removed the HomePods (including Mini) from the Home app. Deleted Home app off my iPhone 13 Pro, restart and reinstalled. Then setup HomePods, updated to 16.3.2, created stereo pair, then added to Apple TV.

My partner's iPhone 14 Pro on iOS 16.2 still shows the old scenes. She is labeled a Resident (Admin) but I'm still listed as the Resident (Owner).

NEXT STEPS:

Remove partner (Admin) from Home app, update iPhone 14 Pro, reinstall Home and re-add her to see the result.

Missing Scenes, Home app not synching across all devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.