Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a way to print pdf on mac, save it in the printed format (not fillable) or how to get adobe to work on M1 Chip mac?

i'm trying to find a work around for the print to pdf. I setup the save to pdf option on mac, but it saves it in the fillable format. I need to be able to have both for my work. Anyone have any recommendations or ways to set it up? I have the new macbook pro M1 chip. I also have my computer partitioned with parallels. Long story short, adobe pro won't work on parallels if you have the M1 chip only if you have intel. I installed adobe on the mac side but now can't resolve the printing issue. worst case i can: make my changes on the mac side, upload to DropBox then download it again to parallels windows and print it.........but that's really time consuming and i do this often for work. I'm talking like i know something about computers and i really don't, so be gentle in responses, i'm learning because i just made it my work computer and i have some work software that only runs on windows.

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 2:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 2:31 AM

Save to PDF is just going to save it in the identical state in which it was opened. Instead, choose Open in Preview. You can then use Preview's File > Export... menu choice to export the editable document to a non-editable form.

You don't need Adobe, although it may have a more direct way of accomplishing that.

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 14, 2023 8:43 AM in response to VikingOSX

👍

I did not happen to have an editable PDF document at my disposal at the time to confirm what you wrote, but that is what I would expect.

I setup the save to pdf option on mac, but it saves it in the fillable format.

That's what got me curious. It's not clear to me whether the OP actually did that, or Print to PDF. It should not be necessary to export the editable PDF as a JPEG (for example), although it would certainly work.

is there a way to print pdf on mac, save it in the printed format (not fillable) or how to get adobe to work on M1 Chip mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.