Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart mailbox not reliable

I have a smart mailbox called "Today" listing all email that was received today. I often have the unread filter on for this mailbox.

I noticed it is often not reliable. Right now it is showing me just two messages, where the actual count as shown in the "All inboxes" folder is much higher.

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 9:13 AM

Strange. I just now tried your example and it immediately brought all today's emails into the folder I called 'Todays Emails'

Two things you might try. First, enter into safe mode which diagnoses problems and fixes them.

Try to invoke that Smart Mail box while in safe mode as well.

Then, make sure you have updated to Ventura 13.2.1

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 9:13 AM in response to nicolasmertens

Strange. I just now tried your example and it immediately brought all today's emails into the folder I called 'Todays Emails'

Two things you might try. First, enter into safe mode which diagnoses problems and fixes them.

Try to invoke that Smart Mail box while in safe mode as well.

Then, make sure you have updated to Ventura 13.2.1

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Mar 20, 2023 7:28 PM in response to Randall_2023

Same here. I called Apple support, they made me go through the hassle of deleting the account, setting it up entirely, and it worked for 1 day, then it went back to the unreliable behavior. I have a set of mailboxes set up, most of them have 2 conditions: one is a date range, and the other is for the message to be in Gmail/important. For instance, the one for "Today" now shows 27 messages (read or unread), whereas I have more than 100 in my Gmail account. The feature is not working. I tried also in safe mode, and nothing changed.

Smart mailbox not reliable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.