Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get rid of subtitles?

How do I get rid of subtitles?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 5:58 PM

On the Apple TV box, for the current video: In the TV app, go to the subtitles button, and select Off (instead of a language). Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support

On the Apple TV box, for setting a default for future videos: Settings﹥Video and Audio﹥Automatic Subtitles﹥… and: Settings﹥Video and Audio﹥Subtitle Language﹥… And also: Settings﹥Accessibility﹥Subtitles and Captioning﹥Closed Captions and SDH﹥On|Off.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2023 5:58 PM in response to Heidiheis

On the Apple TV box, for the current video: In the TV app, go to the subtitles button, and select Off (instead of a language). Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support

On the Apple TV box, for setting a default for future videos: Settings﹥Video and Audio﹥Automatic Subtitles﹥… and: Settings﹥Video and Audio﹥Subtitle Language﹥… And also: Settings﹥Accessibility﹥Subtitles and Captioning﹥Closed Captions and SDH﹥On|Off.

Feb 14, 2023 5:58 PM in response to Heidiheis

They seem to be stuck in “On”. When I turn to Auto(meaning they should only come on for jump back function), they stay On. I had to turn them Off, which bites- sometimes I need to jump to hear something again. Why did this suddenly stop working correctly?

Now I am logged in here on my iPad, and this website keeps telling me to log in again…even though I am logged in, since Sign Out is an option. Steve Jobs is rolling over in his grave in mortified embarrassment.

How to get rid of subtitles?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.