Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Configurator 2 - "The private key for this organization's identity is no longer in the Keychain."

The solution is spelled out perfectly in the little window... "If this organization was used to supervise a device, you will need to add the private key for this identity to your keychain".

Yea, ok. How the **** do I do this? I have searched the web and can't find anything helpful. Any help that anyone can give would be appreciated.

I have two organizations in Apple Config 2 and they both have the same message attached to them.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 7:44 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 16, 2023 11:47 AM in response to VRS_Admin

Hi VRS_Admin,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you need help to generate a recovery key for your profile manager, correct?

Check out this resource which explains how you can generate a recovery key: Obtain and decrypt a personal recovery key with Profile Manager - Apple Support

1. "In the Profile Manager  sidebar, click Devices.
  2. Select a Mac, then click the About tab.
  3. Click the Security triangle, and download the encrypted personal recovery key.
  4. Open the Terminal app, which is located in /Applications/Utilities/.
  5. Enter the following, followed by a space, then drag the encrypted personal recovery key into the Terminal app.
  6. security cms -D -i ~/Downloads/personal_recovery_key.dat
  7. Note: The path to your file may be different.
  8. Press the Return key."

Take care!

Feb 16, 2023 1:19 PM in response to Miche11e_P

I'm confused by the reply which makes me think that my question was not stated correctly.

I'm using Apple Configurator 2 on my MBP to supervise some iPads at work. When I am in Apple Configurator 2, and I attach one of the iPads to the computer, it is recognized by the correct name, but has a yellow triangle next to the name. When I click on the triangle, I get this message, "Unable to find the supervision identity for the organization "County of ..." "Repair or delete the organization in the Organization preferences. Connected device features will be disabled."

When I click on Settings, then Organizations, it shows both organizations that I have in here. When I highlight the one I want to work with on this, it shows all of our company's info followed by a message with another yellow triangle which states, "The private key for this organization's identity is no longer in the Keychain. If this organization was used to supervise a device, you will need to add the private key for this identity to your Keychain."

If the instructions you gave are correct, I just don't know where to go for "Profile Manager, Devices", etc. This does not seem to be in Apple Configurator 2. Am I supposed to look somewhere else?

Thank you so much for the reply. I look forward to your next one.

Scott

Apple Configurator 2 - "The private key for this organization's identity is no longer in the Keychain."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.