Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV App has stopped working on Sony Bravia (Android) TV

I have been watching Apple TV Plus on my Sony Bravia Android TV successfully for the past 8 or more months, but now it is behaving strangely: I can browse and select programs to watch, but when they start, there is no sound, and the video just loops through about 10s of the show, over and over.

I have done all the usual. Uninstall and reinstall the app, reset everything, full power down, etc.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Are there any suggestions for resolution?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 3:02 PM

Same problem!! And it’s stopped working on both a TCL (Android TV) and on our MiBox (also powered by Android). Same issue with the loops, have tried everything (reset, delete, power off, software update) and this forum is the only space I found talking about this… It’s very frustrating because the app only works on my phone now and tbh i’ll probably unsubscribe soon if this doesn’t let up.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2023 3:02 PM in response to LawerWay

Same problem!! And it’s stopped working on both a TCL (Android TV) and on our MiBox (also powered by Android). Same issue with the loops, have tried everything (reset, delete, power off, software update) and this forum is the only space I found talking about this… It’s very frustrating because the app only works on my phone now and tbh i’ll probably unsubscribe soon if this doesn’t let up.

Feb 24, 2023 2:12 PM in response to LawerWay

YES! Ours started having issues about 3 months ago. App worked fine for over a year until then. Same symptoms as you, its start to play a show with no sound. Starts looping back to the beginning after a few seconds. Each loop gets a few seconds longer. I've been searching for an answer with no luck. I deleted the app and reinstalled. Signed out then back into AppleTV. I've reset the TV, Unplugged the TV, all with no luck Resorted to watching AppleTV on the xBox which is not as handy.

Feb 16, 2023 6:38 PM in response to LawerWay

Hi LawerWay,

As you're accessing the Apple TV app on a non-Apple device, troubleshooting may be limited or require consulting the TV manufacturer for assistance.

A good place to start is to confirm your TV is listed as compatible at Apple TV app - Devices.

Assuming that is the case, the next step is to ensure your TV software is up-to-date. Per Watch on Smart TVs and streaming devices:

"Sony: For 2020, 2019, and 2018 models, make sure your TV’s software is up to date. See Sony support."

Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device also offers:

"Need help?

• For more information about the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device, see the Apple TV app user guide.
  • If you have issues installing the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app or connecting to the internet on your smart TV or streaming device, contact the manufacturer."

Regards.

Apple TV App has stopped working on Sony Bravia (Android) TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.