Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocking a caller

I’m blocking a caller but he keeps getting thru - using the same number I just blocked??? What gives???

phone says possible spam but keeps getting thru

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 9:14 PM

Once blocked and if the caller is still able to call using the same number indicates you have not blocked.

In the Phone app, do any of the following.

1. Tap Favorites, Recents, or Voicemail. Tap. next to the number or contact you want to block, scroll down, then tap Block this Caller.
  2. Tap Contacts, tap the contact you want to block, scroll down, then tap Block this Caller.

Avoid unwanted calls on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2023 9:14 PM in response to Ral7890

Once blocked and if the caller is still able to call using the same number indicates you have not blocked.

In the Phone app, do any of the following.

1. Tap Favorites, Recents, or Voicemail. Tap. next to the number or contact you want to block, scroll down, then tap Block this Caller.
  2. Tap Contacts, tap the contact you want to block, scroll down, then tap Block this Caller.

Avoid unwanted calls on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Feb 15, 2023 9:40 PM in response to Ral7890

Ral7890 Said:

"Blocking a caller: I’m blocking a caller but he keeps getting thru - using the same number I just blocked??? What gives??? phone says possible spam but keeps getting thru"

-------

Blocking Scammers:

Use Malwarebytes Mobile Security. The free version blocks popups. The paid version blocks out known spam numbers, and lets you block your own. So, consider using it. Read the following post to see how to use this software: Blocked numbers - Apple Community

Blocking a caller

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.