Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Blocked Caller on iPhone

What is the POINT of blocking a caller if they can then still continue to call you?

Seriously have a man HARASSING me, can you actually offer to deliver on what your technology says you do??????

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 9:34 AM

Hello ~ We are fellow users that volunteer our time to help here in these forums. If you feel you are being harassed by someone take a look here by clicking on below…

Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support

Consider contacting law enforcement.

Also…

Contact Apple for support and service

~Katana-San~

4 replies

Apr 14, 2023 3:13 PM in response to analuciasoler

If the person makes a call from a number other than the one that is blocked, the call will go through.

Check if the contact is blocked here:

SettingsPhoneBlocked Contacts

If you cannot see the number in the list, add the person to your contacts and, if necessary, add several of the numbers the person is calling from in the same contact - then block the contact.

You can read more about how to block contacts here:

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Apr 15, 2023 9:25 AM in response to analuciasoler

I'm a user like you, I'm not employed by Apple. The blocking works immediately - it usually does. I have just tested with several different numbers and can confirm that it works on my phone.

Check again whether the contact you have blocked contains the number/mail (iMessages) from which you are being contacted.

Also check if you are fully up-to-date.

Alternatively. Contact your carrier and ask if they have the option to block a number that has been bothering you.

Blocked Caller on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.