Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask to Buy not working on iPhone

I read the details here: If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support

and everything is correct. I can receive Ask to Buy requests on my Mac and not my iphone. I have verified my Apple Account information in both iCloud and the App Store. They are correct and the same as the ones on my Mac. I toggled Ask to Buy off and then back on for my child. Nothing works.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 1:16 AM

Turns out, even though I was properly signed in to iCloud on the iphone, the answer was to sign out of iCloud, and sign back in, with the same account. Notifications immediately started working after doing this. I had tried both rebooting and airplane mode, so it wasn't just a simple disconnection issue.

Signing out of iCloud and signing back in is a pretty disruptive fix, and I would say it is working around some kind of bug that makes Ask to Buy stop working on the phone at some arbitrary time. Hopefully this answer helps the some of the tens of thousand of other folks who have pressed the "me too" button on similar issues:

Not receiving Ask to Buy requests - Apple Community

ask for buy does not work, I don’t get th… - Apple Community

Search - Ask to Buy Not Working

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2023 1:16 AM in response to Harry Evans

Turns out, even though I was properly signed in to iCloud on the iphone, the answer was to sign out of iCloud, and sign back in, with the same account. Notifications immediately started working after doing this. I had tried both rebooting and airplane mode, so it wasn't just a simple disconnection issue.

Signing out of iCloud and signing back in is a pretty disruptive fix, and I would say it is working around some kind of bug that makes Ask to Buy stop working on the phone at some arbitrary time. Hopefully this answer helps the some of the tens of thousand of other folks who have pressed the "me too" button on similar issues:

Not receiving Ask to Buy requests - Apple Community

ask for buy does not work, I don’t get th… - Apple Community

Search - Ask to Buy Not Working

Ask to Buy not working on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.