Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green Background on Apple TV 4K latest gen (Continued)

Re-opening the thread about the green background on Apple TV tvOS. This is still happening to me even on the latest update. I noticed something odd to trigger and reverse it. So on my “Top Shelf” I have Movies, TV Shows, 3rd Party App, and the TV app. If I focus the selection on the TV app, it will show the TV preview in the background, like normal. But then if I move down to the apps below, it stays the normal gray color. However, if I go back up to the top shelf, and focus on the Movies or TV Shows icon, the background will go back to green. And, once again, I can reverse it by moving focus to the TV app on the top shelf.

For the record, Apple, I actually like having a tinted background; and green happens to be my favorite color. 😎 I think it would be awesome, amazing, in a future tvOS for the user to be able to set background colors; in addition to the standard gray color. So consider this my feature request. 😁

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 10:14 AM

I noticed this issue awhile ago. After racking my brain to try and find the reason, I discovered that the background is semitransparent and shows the color of whatever is behind the normally gray background.

It was especially noticeable when the aerial screensaver was flying over green forests or blue water.

so this “issue” isn’t really an issue, it’s a feature… :-)

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2023 10:14 AM in response to bdepaz89

I noticed this issue awhile ago. After racking my brain to try and find the reason, I discovered that the background is semitransparent and shows the color of whatever is behind the normally gray background.

It was especially noticeable when the aerial screensaver was flying over green forests or blue water.

so this “issue” isn’t really an issue, it’s a feature… :-)

Green Background on Apple TV 4K latest gen (Continued)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.