You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

" No SIM " , "SOS only"

this is for the first time in three years to have such problem with my iPhone 8 plus.

This phone works perfect until this afternoon when the phone stop working during a phone call, any idea?

Mark

(I have already looked on Youtoube to see if I could find a solution but didn't find any.)

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 10:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 1:38 AM

Try to do a force restart -> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

If it doesn't help, remove and reinsert the SIM card.

If it doesn't help visit your carrier, maybe the SIM card is damaged, ask for a replaced (new) card. Normally it is free.

Ask also to check if the SIM tray is bent, as even a tiny misalignment can cause the SIM card to not fully connect with the internal contacts in your iPhone.

If it doesn't help, see these Apple articles below:

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Update your network provider settings manually on your iPhone or iPad

Update your network provider settings manually on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

If you see a Cellular, Ultra Wideband, or Apple Pay Issue message after an iOS update or restart

If you see a Cellular, Ultra Wideband, or Apple Pay Issue message after an iOS update or restart - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2023 1:38 AM in response to ovidiuma

Try to do a force restart -> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

If it doesn't help, remove and reinsert the SIM card.

If it doesn't help visit your carrier, maybe the SIM card is damaged, ask for a replaced (new) card. Normally it is free.

Ask also to check if the SIM tray is bent, as even a tiny misalignment can cause the SIM card to not fully connect with the internal contacts in your iPhone.

If it doesn't help, see these Apple articles below:

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Update your network provider settings manually on your iPhone or iPad

Update your network provider settings manually on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

If you see a Cellular, Ultra Wideband, or Apple Pay Issue message after an iOS update or restart

If you see a Cellular, Ultra Wideband, or Apple Pay Issue message after an iOS update or restart - Apple Support

Feb 17, 2023 4:22 PM in response to ovidiuma

Thank you for advises, still not working.

Wondering if this incident can be provoke by opening a text message i received an hour before in messenger and open a picture. At that moment i was curious how is possible to receive a text message from an email address, not a phone number. That was a ...@icloud.com address. I'm not an expert.

It might be a coincidence or some kind a new hack.

I am curious to figure out what's happening. Thank you all!

" No SIM " , "SOS only"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.