Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Note: can’t unlock

After updating my old iPad Air 2 (2014) to OS 15.7 the locked notes can’t be opened. The message I get is to update the iOS version, but my iPad has the latest version.

If I make a new note with lock, it functions as usual.

Any solution?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 4:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 5:23 AM

The most recent version of iPadOS for the iPad Air2 is iPadOS 15.7.3. The Air2 does not support iPadOS 16.x.

Information about locking/unlocking Notes can be found here:

How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you continue to experience difficulties, you may need to seek assistance directly from from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page.

Alternatively and perhaps easier, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2023 5:23 AM in response to vjorah

The most recent version of iPadOS for the iPad Air2 is iPadOS 15.7.3. The Air2 does not support iPadOS 16.x.

Information about locking/unlocking Notes can be found here:

How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you continue to experience difficulties, you may need to seek assistance directly from from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page.

Alternatively and perhaps easier, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Note: can’t unlock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.