Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing Issue H&R Block 2022 Deluxe + State

When printing from the app, it prints only 2/3 of the page - right side does not show in the preview and when it does print it prints very large. When I click their print box to print my return, I get a print box not like the one I usually see. It has no selection for Scale so I can't look to see if it is at 100%. My HP 8620 OfficeJet Pro 8620 All in One is shared by ALL, so that can't be the issue. I have no problems printing from other apps, only the H&R Block software. Using Ventura 13.2.1 on my 2017 MacBook Pro. I have spent days on this so if anyone has a solution would sure appreciate it!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 7:57 AM

I doubt that it will help, but since you didn't mention it, did you try deleting the printer before you created the PDF (as described in the "Best Answer" in H&R Block Tax Program Printing Proble… - Apple Community )?

Similar questions

17 replies

Feb 18, 2023 10:11 PM in response to FoxFifth

Yes ,there is choice to download to a PDF. I tried that but it downloads the PDF exactly as show in the print preview & when I print from the PDF I downloaded I get the same result - extra large print with no way to scale it as there is no item in the menu to do so. Because the print is so large it only prints about 2/3's of the form and cuts off the rest on the right side. I downloaded the H&R Block app more than once - from Amazon and then from the H&R Block website. Same issue both times. Of interest, my partner downloaded from Amazon - no issues. He has a year old Mac; I have a 2017 MacBook Pro. Thanks for answering. I do appreciate your efforts. I have permissions for printing set for all, so that doesn't seem to be an issue

Apr 11, 2023 12:13 PM in response to FoxFifth

I dont even have a printer listed (via System Preferences) as I have not attached one and I am still having the same issue as the person above. Massive font and only showing the very top left of the document...why was it sent to the IRS and accepted if H&R Block doesnt even allow you to export it to PDF or print it....wtf is wrong with this clown company.

NEVER USING HR BLOCK AGAIN

Feb 18, 2023 4:54 PM in response to janeymay125

I have seen several reports (Windows & Mac, prior years and current year) that a way around the issue is to print to PDF rather than to a printer and then print the PDF document.

If there isn't an option in their print dialog to print to PDF (it is at the bottom of the standard print dialog, near the left side -- but may be somewhere else), then the following may help: H&R Block Tax Program Printing Proble… - Apple Community

Mar 1, 2023 2:49 PM in response to janeymay125

The issue of partial display on printed content H&R Block 2022 with Ventura OS... could be the Paper Size on the H&R Block Page Layout - Index Card. I change it and press OK. But when I go to Print, same issue. When you go back to the H&R Block Page Layout, it has reverted to its default Index card paper size. Hope the scheduled March 3 update helps.

PS I have other pressing issues as well. After certain entries the app crashes - has happened 10 times in one day. My H&R Block call has been escalated and they will call me in 5-7 days !!!

Feb 20, 2023 9:01 AM in response to FoxFifth

That worked for me as well. I deleted both printers and created separate pdf's for federal and state filings. Those files were correctly formatted so I was able to add the printer and print them. I've been using this software for over 10 years and never had an issue. This year I purchased a new iMac and experienced this printing problem. Will be wiser next year. Thanks for the suggestion!

Mar 2, 2023 9:16 AM in response to H_RBlockVenturaOS

OMG The above worked!!!! Agreed This experience is just not right on top of taxes themselves.

H&R Block's response is as follows:

-Exit HRBS software 

-Go to System Preferences 

-Go to printers and Scanners

-Notice the plus and minus button next to the printer icons 

-Click the minus button on all printers 

-Now Open your software and try to print to a PDF now and open in preview 

will fix issue. 

Mar 20, 2023 4:07 PM in response to janeymay125

Deleting my printer worked for me, too. I was then able to render a correctly sized pdf. I had never had a problem previously with H&R Block for Mac. Luckily, I only wasted about 20 min messing with HP and Mac printer settings, rebooting, etc, before landing on this helpful Mac community support page. Late 2015 iMac running Monterey 12.6.3 to an HP OfficeJet 8600.

Mar 26, 2023 3:11 PM in response to H_RBlockVenturaOS

MacBook Air running Ventura 13.2.1.

Exactly the same for me. So I closed out HRB, deleted printer, then went back to HRB and success! I also had the same issue of frequent crashes of the program after certain data entries. I started saving the file after every entry! Sad to hear stories of their customer "unsupport". Have to rethink HRB next year.

Apr 3, 2023 2:43 AM in response to janeymay125

I had this scaling problem on a Brother printer from older but updated Mac Book Pro, using HRB Deluxe+State 2022, also just updated (early April 2023).

Then in the print dialog where you choose the forms to print, I noticed the “Force scaling” checkbox.

Problem solved!

No need to fiddle with printer removals or PDF workarounds.

I did not find anything about this on the web, so maybe it’s a new addition bundled with an HRB update.

Printing Issue H&R Block 2022 Deluxe + State

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.