Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID and iCloud Authentication Issue

Greetings everyone,

I am encountering an error related to the authentication of my Apple ID and iCloud.

Although I am entering the correct credentials in my browser, I am able to log in at https://appleid.apple.com/ but unable to log in at https://www.icloud.com/.

An error message appears near the password field stating "phone number cannot be blank." I am unsure how to resolve this issue.

When attempting to reset my password, a verification code is sent to my trusted phone number. However, after entering the code, I receive an error message stating "verification issue, an unknown error has occurred."

I would greatly appreciate any assistance in resolving this issue.

I am also unable to turn off the "find my phone" option, which prevents me from resetting my iPhone in order to use a new Apple ID.

Thank you all for your help.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 8:28 PM

12 replies

Feb 19, 2023 7:17 AM in response to tygb

I have an Apple ID registered as ***@icloud.com or info@***.com.np , which I can access through appleid.apple.com on my browser.

However, I am unable to sign out from my iPhone or reset my password from any device.

Additionally, I am unable to log in to icloud.com with my correct login information, as the website keeps giving me an error message stating that my phone number cannot be left blank (Check screenshot).

As a result of these issues, I cannot back up my phone or use the Find My feature, which means I am unable to reset to a new Apple ID.

I created my account on a Mac, and I currently have access to both my iPhone and MacBook devices. Although I have access to all trusted numbers, I am unable to reset or use my Apple account at this time.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Mar 8, 2023 8:29 PM in response to taopg7

Greetings to all,

The issue has been resolved automatically.

My assessment is that it was a server-side problem with iCloud.

I kindly ask everyone to exercise patience and wait for the issue to be resolved.

There is no benefit in lodging complaints with Apple support, as they may not fully comprehend the gravity of the issue.

Moreover, I advise against attempting to use any third-party applications to unlock or bypass iCloud, as these apps are likely scams.

Thank you everyone!

Feb 19, 2023 2:31 AM in response to taopg7

The Apple ID created with gmail account say example1@gmail.com was permanently deleted from the gmail server , and if the account was set up with secondary authentication , the administrator can’t sign with iCloud account.

Sign in with rescue mail address in gmail account ( enter the password ) , click on personal info .

Click on edit , and try to add a new trusted number .

And can't further move , the bell icon will shake and stop and if you click on send the code that will go to the old trusted number that is inactive .

Click on more ways to verify , it again prompted to enter rescue mail address and password , Scroll down and click on account recovery icon , then add a new trusted number and click on next , the trusted number will add , the trick was using the rescue mail address that was attached to the primary mail address .

Feb 19, 2023 3:23 AM in response to tygb

I've already enabled two-factor authentication or two-step verification, so I'm not very familiar with the concept of a rescue email.

As a new member of the Apple family, I'm finding it challenging to navigate this issue. Could you advise me on how to set up or retrieve my rescue email?

I came across an article that suggests that it's impossible to use the rescue email if two-factor authentication is enabled. Please enlighten me. https://shorturl.at/dnqxE

Feb 19, 2023 5:22 AM in response to taopg7

With 2FA account , there is no rescue mail you didn't cleared previously , anyways is your Apple ID created with gmail services or set with iCloud domain say example2@icloud.com where is your old iPhone , is it lost , do you knew Apple ID and its password , also the account was created from Mac or iPhone please clarify .

Mar 1, 2023 5:20 AM in response to dilek241

The issue remains unresolved, despite my attempt to seek assistance from Apple support. Unfortunately, the support team was unable to provide a solution and instead spent over an hour searching for documentation on the problem.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can escalate the case to higher-level support?

I suspect there may be a bug in iCloud, and I'm hoping it will be resolved in the next update. What do you think?

Mar 1, 2023 5:31 AM in response to taopg7

I am sorry to hear that. The senior advisor who tried to help me (the 4th advisor who tried to resolve it) and I worked on some scenarios but none of them worked. Then he sent me a link which will help me to connect the senior advisor team directly and he asked me to tell the advisor to raise the issue to the engineer team as the last step. As soon as I find time, I’ll do that. Somehow the system cannot verify the account. A kind of glitch. I will let you know if they resolve it

Mar 1, 2023 6:37 AM in response to dilek241

I would like to escalate this case and discuss it with a senior engineer. I believe that if there are many similar cases, it will put pressure on the team to acknowledge the issue.

Is there a way for me to access or receive direct senior level support?

Do I need to make a regular call to the support number, or is there something else I need to do in order to receive such assistance? Any ideas, please?

Mar 1, 2023 6:47 AM in response to taopg7

I downloaded the apple support app and i used the contact details on it. After a few messages they called me. After a few calls they wanted to escalate it to the engineer team. Probably they’ll do the same thing for your case too. But if you mention that you want your case to be sent to the attention of the engineer team, they will do that immediately. Good luck

Apple ID and iCloud Authentication Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.