Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck in Recovery assistant

I have this old macbook pro and i tried to get in but its in recovery assistant and i dont remember and of the info so i cant just log back in. I have tried many of the methods to restart it but none are working. I need to give it a factory reset but how?

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 2:36 PM

what model-year MacBook Pro?

a Mac that is activation locked has been deliberately locked with the owner's Apple-ID using Find-My-Mac. it will not be opening without the owner retrieving the code from their Apple-ID account, and entering that code.

if you have reasonable proof-of-purchase, you can get Apple to erase and unlock it for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2023 2:36 PM in response to Addidaddi22

what model-year MacBook Pro?

a Mac that is activation locked has been deliberately locked with the owner's Apple-ID using Find-My-Mac. it will not be opening without the owner retrieving the code from their Apple-ID account, and entering that code.

if you have reasonable proof-of-purchase, you can get Apple to erase and unlock it for you.

Stuck in Recovery assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.