Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes search

I am unable to search iTunes on my Mac (Ventura). When I click the music icon, I can select iTunes, but only search my library. I can easily search on my iPad or phone, but not on the Mac, which is where I want to add purchases to my library.

iMac

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 11:00 AM

In the Music app menu bar, choose Music > Settings or Preferences > General and insure Show iTunes Store is selected.

Then click in the search box at the top of the left sidebar and then click the iTunes Store option at the top right of the main window as shown in the example in Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If the 3 options don't appear at the top right of the main window after doing the above, 2 things to try:

1) If the View menu in the menu bar contains "Hide Playing Next" or "Hide Lyrics" then click that item so that it changes to "Show Playing Next" or "Show Lyrics."

2) If there is a very small < at the top left of the main window (to the right of the sidebar search box), click it one or more times until there is no < there.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2023 11:00 AM in response to spm4979

In the Music app menu bar, choose Music > Settings or Preferences > General and insure Show iTunes Store is selected.

Then click in the search box at the top of the left sidebar and then click the iTunes Store option at the top right of the main window as shown in the example in Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If the 3 options don't appear at the top right of the main window after doing the above, 2 things to try:

1) If the View menu in the menu bar contains "Hide Playing Next" or "Hide Lyrics" then click that item so that it changes to "Show Playing Next" or "Show Lyrics."

2) If there is a very small < at the top left of the main window (to the right of the sidebar search box), click it one or more times until there is no < there.

iTunes search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.