Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does telcel support apple watch

Hello, I am looking to purchase an apple watch and I will be traveling from Canada long-term to Mexico. I am wanting to have an apple watch to receive and reply mostly to texts/imessages so I do not have to have my phone on me 24/7. My question is if I am to purchase a cellular model apple watch and a prepaid Telcel sim card while in Mexico would the cellular features pair with the apple watch and the Telcel sim in my iPhone? Any help or input is appreciated, thanks

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 1:02 PM

See: Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

Telcel is listed, but I strongly suspect you have to get a full iPhone plan, and add your Apple Watch to the iPhone plan.

The Apple Watch uses an eSIM which is cloned from the iPhone's SIM (or eSIM). The Apple Watch generally does now work with pre-paid plans, although you should check with Telcel to be sure.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2023 1:02 PM in response to alyra

See: Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

Telcel is listed, but I strongly suspect you have to get a full iPhone plan, and add your Apple Watch to the iPhone plan.

The Apple Watch uses an eSIM which is cloned from the iPhone's SIM (or eSIM). The Apple Watch generally does now work with pre-paid plans, although you should check with Telcel to be sure.

Mar 10, 2023 12:57 PM in response to alyra

I've been living in Mexico for 17 years now - Here's the scoop.

My brand new iWatch Ultra and month old iPhone 14 DO NOT allow the cellular feature to be used on the iwatch even though previous versions of iWatch did work.

I later ran into a friend whose did work (similar setup to mine and also on Telcel) so I went back to Telcel and learned that it only works on business accounts.

Pretty ridiculous that you van have the latest iPhone, latest iWatch, on a huge network (Telcel is top 5 globally - don't quote me) AND THEY DO NOT WORK TOGETHER.

So the issue is Telcel but you would think Apple would be able to put some pressure on them to fix this.

Grrrrr

Does telcel support apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.