Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy live text from iphone and paste on mac.

Hello friends

I’ve been using iPhone for quite a long time now which includes its utility for my business. I frequently capture images of business documents from my iPhone and would need to convert it into text on MacBook after photo transferred. Earlier i used an app on the MacBook which did OCR on images.

Now i found that iPhones have feature known as Live text, which would allow to copy text. But i don’t know how to send this text to Mac. If i paste it in Notes, all formatting would be home.

Please help.

TIA

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 2:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 1:04 PM

Both devices are using the same CloudID, so that's step 1.

You also need to enable Handoff to provide real-time synching of content (including the clipboard data).

Use Handoff to continue tasks on your other devices - Apple Support

Is Handoff enabled?

5 replies

Feb 21, 2023 10:17 AM in response to Anuj Delhi

This one's easy.

One of the options on Live Text is to copy the text to the clipboard.

If you have both the phone and your Mac connected via iCloud then you can just use clipboard sharing.

Identity the text on your phone's camera, select it and choose the Copy option.

You should then be able to go to the Mac and just choose Paste, and you're done.

Feb 22, 2023 10:29 PM in response to Camelot

Hi Camelot. First thing, thanks a lot for your reply.

Now, my phone and Mac, both are connected through same iCloud ID and are in sync as I checked on the mail app.

So, I tried your way, and copied some text from a document photo on iPhone and tried to paste it on Mac but nothing comes up. Even the paste option doesn't get activated.

Any idea what could I be doing wrong ?

Copy live text from iphone and paste on mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.