Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

McAfee

I am getting popups saying to "Turn on your Mcafee" and "Turn on your Antivirus" and "Your McAfee Has Expired"....how do I stop this?

iMac 21.5″

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 7:45 AM

3 replies

Feb 21, 2023 7:50 AM in response to DDEPAULL

Popups that appear at the upper right of your Mac's screen are Notifications. Does that describe what you are encountering?

Stop annoying Notifications by reviewing Customize website notifications in Safari on Mac - Apple Support. Apparently, you granted one or more websites the authority to harass you with annoying Notifications. When confronted with an offer to do that, your automatic, reflexive reply ought to be "just say no."

Excerpted from Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community:

Beware spontaneously appearing, unsolicited popups demanding immediate action. Think before you click.

Feb 21, 2023 8:35 AM in response to DDEPAULL

Research Customize website notifications in Safari on Mac - Apple Support. For example, use Safari's Preferences or Settings menu > Websites. Under General, you will find Notifications. Websites that have asked for permission to show you Notifications will be listed there. You can (and probably should) select every one of them and click Remove. De-select the box that allows websites to send Notifications and you will no longer even be asked.

Consider doing the same for Pop-up Windows. As Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community explains,

If you still have questions after reviewing the above, please write back. There is an icon in your screenshot that may indicate the presence of an ill-conceived "anti-virus" app on your Mac, but I cannot be certain. Those things are all scams.

McAfee

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.