Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to report a problem with Apple Maps?

There is an issue with Apple Maps which I wish to report. Apple Support advises to open Maps and select 'Report an Issue'. I am at a loss as to where this feature of Maps is hidden!? I have looked everywhere! Basically it refuses to allow me to travel from Dublin Port directly you Holyhead by ferry. In stead I need to take a ferry from Larne to Stranraer then drive through Scotland, England and Wales! I prefer Apple Maps to Google Maps as in the past it has proven to be more accurate. But. Google Maps gets me from Dublin to Holyhead with no trouble at all! Also. International Boarders are tens of kilometres out of place!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 9:57 AM

Welcome!

You are not addressing Apple here. This is a community of end users like you and we have no power to fix anything. There is another way...

I believe for your matter, which may be broader than for what the in-app "Report an issue..." option is intended, a feedback link is more appropriate for including broader issues like the border positioning:

Feedback - Maps for OS X - Apple

Feedback - Maps for iOS and iPadOS - Apple

A couple of tips:

• Time invovled: I successfully used the in-app method to corect the location of a local museum that was off by 4 miles. It took about two weeks for Apple Maps people to contact me by email. However the entire matter was satisfactorily corrected with 30 hours of their initial contact.
  • A "tickler": I found that things moved faster once I pointed out that "another" online map service had the location exactly right. 😉

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2023 9:57 AM in response to Dave Daly

Welcome!

You are not addressing Apple here. This is a community of end users like you and we have no power to fix anything. There is another way...

I believe for your matter, which may be broader than for what the in-app "Report an issue..." option is intended, a feedback link is more appropriate for including broader issues like the border positioning:

Feedback - Maps for OS X - Apple

Feedback - Maps for iOS and iPadOS - Apple

A couple of tips:

• Time invovled: I successfully used the in-app method to corect the location of a local museum that was off by 4 miles. It took about two weeks for Apple Maps people to contact me by email. However the entire matter was satisfactorily corrected with 30 hours of their initial contact.
  • A "tickler": I found that things moved faster once I pointed out that "another" online map service had the location exactly right. 😉

How to report a problem with Apple Maps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.