Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to retrospectively log medicines in iOS Health app?

I forgot to log the medicines taken yesterday. Come to log it today but cannot change the date. This is a weekly meds and I want the logged date to accurately reflects the actual date/time. Otherwise, the historical data log would be off.

For example, if my regular schedule is to take this med every Sunday, but I was out of town from Friday to Monday (the med needs to be refridgerated so I didn't take it with me on the trip). Then I took the med on Tuesday but didn't log it in Health app until Wednesday. I would like to be able to correct the log to show that med was taken on Tuesday, instead of the time that I create the log.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 2:45 PM

Yes, you can log medicine from previous days. In the Health app, go to Medications. At the very top of the screen, you'll see circles with the letter for the day of the week over it. "Today" is in the center by default. As you swipe, the date will change. Swipe until you get to the day you want to log. Then, tap on the "+" in the upper right of the Log section. You wil then be able to adjust the time you took the meds and mark it as taken.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 2:45 PM in response to tacharoni

Yes, you can log medicine from previous days. In the Health app, go to Medications. At the very top of the screen, you'll see circles with the letter for the day of the week over it. "Today" is in the center by default. As you swipe, the date will change. Swipe until you get to the day you want to log. Then, tap on the "+" in the upper right of the Log section. You wil then be able to adjust the time you took the meds and mark it as taken.

Feb 22, 2023 6:43 PM in response to Eric--F

By tapping certain objects on the Medication screen, I was able to go back and log the medications in the past date or time (see the answer from @IdrisSeabright below). I could scroll left to the previous date and hit "+" to log As Needed Medication - for that date. Although, it defaults to current time, you can change the time taken on that date.

If you duplicated the log, you could go to the item on the log and un-Taken it. and it will be removed from the log.

If anything, the UI could use some improvement to be more intuitive.

How to retrospectively log medicines in iOS Health app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.