Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to silence unknown callers on my MacBook?

In regard to "Silencing calls from unknown callers works on my iPhone (iOS 15.6), but still "rings through" on my MacBook Pro (macOS 12.5). So, both "mbthebulldog" and I do know how to "link" them — just not how to "link" the silencing feature. A call that is appropriately silenced on my iPhone — quite annoyingly — still rings on my MBP.

Is there a setting to correct this, or is this "ringing through" just a bug?"

I believe a solution may be to simply go to System Settings and set Communication Limits in Screen Time to “Contacts only” during both Screen Time and Downtime. You need not activate any other features of Screen Time, nor set a Screen Time password for yourself. I have only just enabled this possible solution so I cannot verify, yet, that it has solved the problem, but it should work if Apple has implemented Screen Time functions as described. I am running Mac OS Ventura 13.1. (Screen Time implementation/functions may differ depending upon OS version.) This way, you need not disable Continuity-WiFi calling altogether as others have proffered.

iMac Pro

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 5:14 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

How to silence unknown callers on my MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.