Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

payment method cannot be authorised

my ipad has the same apple ID as my iphone but i cant make purchases on my ipad despite there being enough money on my apple id and enough money in my account. it still says pending on my payment history for my game and ibook purchase but i believe the money has come out of my account for the game purchase but not the book one? it’s been well over a month and it still says pending. i need to download apps for my study desperately and this issue is seriously causing problems for me.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 6:13 PM

Hi howlern,

Welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Seems that pending purchase may be requiring payment ...

For some purchases, you may need to have a credit/debit card in your account, even if you are using money in an Apple Account balance for the purchase(s).

Some purchases are just not available using an Account balance from gift cards etc.

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance - Apple Support

If you wish, and if it is possible to add a credit / debit card:

How to: Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support

Trouble-shooting : What to do: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

There's more info. and "Get Support" links (ie: online chat, phone, eMail, etc.)

at the bottom of the webpages that open from the links below:

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

App Store - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 6:13 PM in response to howlern

Hi howlern,

Welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Seems that pending purchase may be requiring payment ...

For some purchases, you may need to have a credit/debit card in your account, even if you are using money in an Apple Account balance for the purchase(s).

Some purchases are just not available using an Account balance from gift cards etc.

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance - Apple Support

If you wish, and if it is possible to add a credit / debit card:

How to: Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support

Trouble-shooting : What to do: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

There's more info. and "Get Support" links (ie: online chat, phone, eMail, etc.)

at the bottom of the webpages that open from the links below:

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

App Store - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

payment method cannot be authorised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.