Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura Mail...why are some items red-orange?

In my Mail app lists some items in red (orange) type. (Not red dots, reddish, orange type.) They seem to exist somewhere between listed as junk and passed. I can't seem to turn it off. I have flagged junk to the junk folder and that works okay, but the ones that appear in orange I did not label as junk so I don't know why they're orange and not black as other email...Hope I've been clear. Can help? Thanx

Mac mini

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 12:22 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 23, 2023 12:22 PM in response to kennethfromfortbragg

Hi kennethfromfortbragg,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you need some help with Mail on your Mac.

Just so we're sure we're on the same page with you, are you referring to the colors of the messages, the content, the titles or folders?

Does it seem to be linked to a specific email account?

Are you using iCloud as your email provider or something else?

If you'd like to review how to customize your Mail settings, you can reference this link: Change settings in Mail on Mac

"Use Mail settings to change options for the email accounts you use in Mail, and for working with messages and mailboxes

In the Mail app  on your Mac, choose Mail > Settings, then click a settings pane:

• General: Change settings that range from how often Mail should check for messages to the kinds of messages to include when you search in Mail. 

• Accounts: Add, delete, and disable your email accounts in Mail. Use the Mailbox Behaviors pane to change where draft, sent, junk, deleted, and archived messages are stored. Use the Server Settings pane to change options for the incoming and outgoing mail servers.

• Junk Mail: Enable the junk mail filter, change settings to improve the filter, and manage blocked senders. 

• Fonts & Colors: Select the fonts and font sizes used to display messages.

• Viewing: Change settings to control how messages are shown in the Message viewer.

• Composing: Change settings for composing, addressing, and responding to messages. 

• Signatures: Create signatures that can be automatically appended to the messages you send.

• Rules: Create rules to do things like have messages from a certain person automatically moved to a mailbox, or highlight messages about a birthday party.

• Extensions: Manage extensions that you use in Mail.

• Privacy: Use Mail Privacy Protection.

To learn about the options in a pane, click the Help button  at the bottom-right corner of the settings window."

We look forward to your reply.

Cheers!

Feb 23, 2023 3:00 PM in response to kennethfromfortbragg

Hi kennethfromfortbragg,

It sounds like Mail is identifying some emails as junk and marking them orange. You can change the color by going to Mail > Preferences > Junk Mail, then select "Perform custom actions" and click Advanced at the bottom of the window. Under "Perform the following actions" choose "Set color" "of text" to whatever color your preference is.

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Ventura Mail...why are some items red-orange?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.