Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I move files from icloud to my MacAir so they won

My iCloud drive is full and they will start being deleted. Can I make a folder on my MacBook Air M2 to transfer to so as not to lose them. I am a novice so please be kind

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 9:51 PM

Hi there!

Yes, you can do that. First, choose a location that isn't synced with iCloud on your Mac (this will be your home folder, and depending on your settings, the desktop and documents folder). Next, navigate to iCloud Drive in Finder, and copy and paste the iCloud contents to the new non-iCloud synced location on your Mac.

References:

Alternatively, you can manage your iCloud storage or upgrade to an iCloud plan with a larger storage capacity: iCloud+ plans and pricing - Apple Support.

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 9:51 PM in response to twm13440

Hi there!

Yes, you can do that. First, choose a location that isn't synced with iCloud on your Mac (this will be your home folder, and depending on your settings, the desktop and documents folder). Next, navigate to iCloud Drive in Finder, and copy and paste the iCloud contents to the new non-iCloud synced location on your Mac.

References:

Alternatively, you can manage your iCloud storage or upgrade to an iCloud plan with a larger storage capacity: iCloud+ plans and pricing - Apple Support.

Jack

How can I move files from icloud to my MacAir so they won

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.