Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't request a refund.

Apple canceled my order. I'd like to request a refund. I try to Sign in to reportaproblem.apple.com in order to make the request, but I got the error:

"You must use an Apple ID that has previously been used in the store. Please sign in again with another Apple ID."

I've got these questions:

Why do I get this error?

Is there any alternative way?

Will apple give me my money back without refunding?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 7:38 AM

Oh, that was not clear that you were talking about computer hardware. The reportaproblem site is for app and media purchases, not hardware.

Note from: Shipping & Pickup - Shopping Help - Apple including USA (and Puerto Rico) and international shipping policies

"Shopping in the U.S.

"No shipments can be made to P.O. Box addresses, United States territories, or addresses outside of the United States. You may not export any products purchased online from Apple."

See this web site about refunds: Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

I have never been in your position but since you say Apple refused the sale then maybe they didn't actually take any money from your payment method in the first place.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2023 7:38 AM in response to levan9

Oh, that was not clear that you were talking about computer hardware. The reportaproblem site is for app and media purchases, not hardware.

Note from: Shipping & Pickup - Shopping Help - Apple including USA (and Puerto Rico) and international shipping policies

"Shopping in the U.S.

"No shipments can be made to P.O. Box addresses, United States territories, or addresses outside of the United States. You may not export any products purchased online from Apple."

See this web site about refunds: Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

I have never been in your position but since you say Apple refused the sale then maybe they didn't actually take any money from your payment method in the first place.

Feb 23, 2023 7:24 AM in response to levan9

1) Are you using a different Apple ID?

2) That is the provided way for requesting refunds. If a reporting a problem request is unsuccessful you can also try clicking here → Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product.

3) I am not clear what you mean by that. A refund is the action of returning money for something for which money had been paid.

Feb 23, 2023 7:37 AM in response to Limnos

1. I use the correct Apple ID.
  2. I live in Georgia and unfortunately Apple does not have official store in my country. That's why I made a purchase online in the United States. My goal was to use 3rd party company that can transfer items from the United States to Georgia. The problem is exactly the same if I use this link. I've attached the screenshot.
  3. I bough MacBook in the morning and I've received order cancelation email by apple recently. I paid using my credit card and they haven't returned my money.

Actually this is not an Apple ID which I use in my current Mac or iPhone. I use this email/Apple ID for Apple developer program. I made a purchase using this email.

Feb 23, 2023 8:12 AM in response to levan9

Apple only provides contact methods for in-country assistance. Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. Keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you. However, I don't know if they connect you to a representative assisting in another country.

Can't request a refund.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.