Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Apple Wired Keyboard not Working with MacBook Pro 2022

I’m in the process of setting up my new MacBook Pro but my old Apple wired extended keyboard connected using an adapter (USB-A and USB-C) won’t work.

When I plug the keyboard back to my MacBook Pro 2011, it works fine.

I’ve tried rebooting and other online fixes such as checking the Accessibility settings but nothing works.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 9:52 AM

After calling Apple a few times, I was finally escalated to a senior advisor who explained that my new MacBook Pro is not compatible with my old Apple keyboard (Model A1243 Version MB110LL/A). The only solution is to upgrade. I’m now waiting for the new keyboard to arrive. So far, the only hardware that I’ve been able to rescue as a result of my upgrade, is my Apple Cinema HD Display thanks to an adapter. The only way to avoid having to replace my two high-end printers is to keep my old 2011 MacBook Pro! What insanity by Apple - it’s a waste of resources and incredibly expensive. Had I known, I would have bought a used MacBook.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2023 9:52 AM in response to Mari.K

After calling Apple a few times, I was finally escalated to a senior advisor who explained that my new MacBook Pro is not compatible with my old Apple keyboard (Model A1243 Version MB110LL/A). The only solution is to upgrade. I’m now waiting for the new keyboard to arrive. So far, the only hardware that I’ve been able to rescue as a result of my upgrade, is my Apple Cinema HD Display thanks to an adapter. The only way to avoid having to replace my two high-end printers is to keep my old 2011 MacBook Pro! What insanity by Apple - it’s a waste of resources and incredibly expensive. Had I known, I would have bought a used MacBook.

Old Apple Wired Keyboard not Working with MacBook Pro 2022

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.