Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you extend display with iPad Pro?

Hello. I am trying to use an external monitor to extend the display of my iPad Pro (11”, 3rd generation) through VGA, but it only mirrors the screen. How do I extend the screen?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 7:41 PM

3 replies

Feb 23, 2023 7:48 PM in response to 91SNESplayer

Hello 91SNESplayer!

I found this for you from another thread (Extending desktop to monitor - Apple Community):

At present when you connect an iPad Pro to an external monitor, then the screen gets mirrored and that’s about it. You probably already know this. Screen Mirroring is the only option available in this setup at this time.

Later this year, with iPadOS 16.x, external monitors can be used as an extended display via the Stage Manager Feature. The iPad requirements for this is that the iPad must have the M1 or M2 chip in it and of course have the appropriate future iOS versin installed when it is released.

Please note it was posted on Oct 25, 2022 4:12 PM. I’m not sure if it already applies or not.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

How do you extend display with iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.