Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared iPhone Identity

My iPhone and my wife's are somehow linked via Apple IDs and I cannot seem to separate them. When I change her to another Apple ID, it changes mine also. In Family Sharing it treats us like we were one phone. I tried to sign her in with a new Apple ID and it signed my own phone in with that ID also. Any thoughts on how to separate us (the phones that is!) would be gratefully received.

I have an iPhone 13, she has an iPhone 8.

Thank you

iPhone 13

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 3:32 PM

Completely sign-out of the AppleID from one of the devices and login using the other AppleID. That being said, not all services, e.g., App Store, Apple Music, etc., will be using that other AppleID.

It is best to completely sign-out of the device you want to switch to another AppleID and do a complete reset, before logging in using the other AppleID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2023 3:32 PM in response to 4tuataras

Completely sign-out of the AppleID from one of the devices and login using the other AppleID. That being said, not all services, e.g., App Store, Apple Music, etc., will be using that other AppleID.

It is best to completely sign-out of the device you want to switch to another AppleID and do a complete reset, before logging in using the other AppleID.

Shared iPhone Identity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.