Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I quickly organize apps on my iPhone home screen?

As it is moving them one by one, getting them to the right page and arranging them in an order that makes sense and allows me to readily find them is tedious and frustrating. With several pages and dozens of apps to sort through this is a very difficult and time consuming task. So even with removing apps I don't use I still struggle to keep up with this never ending project as I add new apps. Over time it has become a complete mess.

I find it surprising that since removing this function with iTunes Apple has still not developed a better way to get that done. I can't be the only one who doesn't want to devote an hour or more to this one task every other week.

As a side note I did find out how to move more than one app at in a recent (as of this posting) CNET article:

How To Quickly Organize Your iPhone and iPad Home Screen Apps

To rearrange multiple apps at once, long-press on any app icon or the home screen itself until you enter jiggle mode.

Now, start to drag one of the app icons to an empty spot on your screen, and with your finger still on the app icon, use your other hand to tap any more apps that you want to relocate. As you tap more icons, your iPhone or iPad will create a stack of apps under your finger, along with a number that shows how many you've selected.

When you're done selecting all of the apps you want to move, you can drag the stack of multiple apps to a new screen, folder or wherever it is you want to place them, and then just lift your finger.

If you want to get particular about the placement of each of the apps, you should know that the apps are sorted in the reverse order of how you selected them. That means the first app you select and start to move will be the last app in the grid of the apps you move, and the last app you add to the stack will be the first app in the grid.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 11:53 AM

The Zen Barbarian Said:

“How can I quickly organize apps on my iPhone home screen? […]As it is moving them one by one, getting them to the right page and arranging them in an order that makes sense and allows me to readily find them is tedious and frustrating. With several pages and dozens of apps to sort through this is a very difficult and time consuming task.[…]

You’re going to have to go by what you see, and add when you can from recollection. So, here are two thoughts to consider:

A. Restore from a Backup:

create a backup of your iphon device, prior to all of this. That way you have something to restore your iphone from to when this all was laid out. Be certain you create a backup every time you install an update. All will be back to where it was. Note that you cannot downgrade to a prior iOS than what is currently installed. So, create a every so often, that way, you have something to get them back.

B. Take Some Screenshots:

Take some Screenshots of each Home Page to know what is were. Go Here: Take a Screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2023 11:53 AM in response to The Zen Barbarian

The Zen Barbarian Said:

“How can I quickly organize apps on my iPhone home screen? […]As it is moving them one by one, getting them to the right page and arranging them in an order that makes sense and allows me to readily find them is tedious and frustrating. With several pages and dozens of apps to sort through this is a very difficult and time consuming task.[…]

You’re going to have to go by what you see, and add when you can from recollection. So, here are two thoughts to consider:

A. Restore from a Backup:

create a backup of your iphon device, prior to all of this. That way you have something to restore your iphone from to when this all was laid out. Be certain you create a backup every time you install an update. All will be back to where it was. Note that you cannot downgrade to a prior iOS than what is currently installed. So, create a every so often, that way, you have something to get them back.

B. Take Some Screenshots:

Take some Screenshots of each Home Page to know what is were. Go Here: Take a Screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

How can I quickly organize apps on my iPhone home screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.