Getting apps to show up on the iPad screen.

I have too many apps on my 2TB iPad pro 12.9 inch, running iOs 16.6. I want to get them into folders but there are so many of them that they have fallen off the 15 screens. When I started putting them in folders some of the later ones would show up as I made room on the screens. Can I drag them from the categories screen to one of the folders on another screen?

I can't say how many apps I have, but it must be more than 1000.

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 6:09 PM

You can take them from the “App Library” and hold and drag them just like you can the Apps on the Home Screen. If you drag them into the folder that you want, they will get placed where you want them. Keep in mind that if they are already on a Home Screen page, there will be a second one as well. So if you grabbed one out of the Library and even put it right next to the same app, you’ll see both of the apps icons right next to each other. If you want to remove them from Home Screen and just see them in the App Library, then you would just click and hold and click the “-“ button and select remove from Home Screen.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2023 6:09 PM in response to AppMeister1200

You can take them from the “App Library” and hold and drag them just like you can the Apps on the Home Screen. If you drag them into the folder that you want, they will get placed where you want them. Keep in mind that if they are already on a Home Screen page, there will be a second one as well. So if you grabbed one out of the Library and even put it right next to the same app, you’ll see both of the apps icons right next to each other. If you want to remove them from Home Screen and just see them in the App Library, then you would just click and hold and click the “-“ button and select remove from Home Screen.

Getting apps to show up on the iPad screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.