Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Camera and Photo Booth

I accidentally removed my iPhone as one of my camera options in Photo Booth on my Macbook. I used to be able to dropdown the Camera menu and select my iPhone 13 Pro. But when I was just using the iPhone in Photo Booth there was two options on the phone (Pause and Disconnect). I accidentally pushed disconnect and now it is not an option on the Camera menu bar anymore.

Any advise or idea's you may have would be greatly appreciated on how to Reconnect my iPhone to my Macbook.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Serial Number]

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 1:20 PM

Hello kevinweid,

If your Continuity Camera is not working, you'll want to verify these things:

If you don’t see your iPhone in the camera or microphone list in an app or Sound settings, try the following:
1. Connect it to your Mac with a USB cable and check again. (If it’s already connected with a cable, disconnect it and reconnect it.)
2. Check the following:
• Your iPhone is an iPhone XR or later.
• Your iPhone has the latest version of iOS 16.
• Your Mac has the latest version of macOS Ventura.
• Your iPhone has Continuity Camera Webcam turned on in Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff.
• Your iPhone recognizes the Mac as a trusted computer. See the Apple Support article About the ‘Trust This Computer’ alert on your iPhone or iPad.
• Your iPhone and Mac have Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and two-factor authentication turned on.
• Your iPhone and Mac are signed in with the same Apple ID. (This feature doesn’t work with Managed Apple IDs.)
• Your iPhone and Mac are within 30 feet of each other.
• Your iPhone isn’t sharing its cellular connection, and your Mac isn’t sharing its internet connection.
• Your chosen video app is updated to the latest version.

Use your iPhone as a webcam on your Mac

If the iPhone is still not coming up as an available option for your Continuity Camera, try restarting both devices and then setting up the connection again.

Restart your iPhone

Shut down or restart your Mac

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 1:20 PM in response to kevinweid

Hello kevinweid,

If your Continuity Camera is not working, you'll want to verify these things:

If you don’t see your iPhone in the camera or microphone list in an app or Sound settings, try the following:
1. Connect it to your Mac with a USB cable and check again. (If it’s already connected with a cable, disconnect it and reconnect it.)
2. Check the following:
• Your iPhone is an iPhone XR or later.
• Your iPhone has the latest version of iOS 16.
• Your Mac has the latest version of macOS Ventura.
• Your iPhone has Continuity Camera Webcam turned on in Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff.
• Your iPhone recognizes the Mac as a trusted computer. See the Apple Support article About the ‘Trust This Computer’ alert on your iPhone or iPad.
• Your iPhone and Mac have Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and two-factor authentication turned on.
• Your iPhone and Mac are signed in with the same Apple ID. (This feature doesn’t work with Managed Apple IDs.)
• Your iPhone and Mac are within 30 feet of each other.
• Your iPhone isn’t sharing its cellular connection, and your Mac isn’t sharing its internet connection.
• Your chosen video app is updated to the latest version.

Use your iPhone as a webcam on your Mac

If the iPhone is still not coming up as an available option for your Continuity Camera, try restarting both devices and then setting up the connection again.

Restart your iPhone

Shut down or restart your Mac

Cheers!

iPhone Camera and Photo Booth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.