Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

making all my contact lists the same

OK, this seems pretty dumb, but ...

I'm using iOS 16.3.1. In my Contacts Lists, I have 54 in "All Contacts", 18 in "Gmail", and 47 in iCloud. Why aren't these all the same, and how can I make them that way? That is, I want to have the same contact list EVERYWHERE.

When I look at Google for syncing iCloud contacts, the instructions don't correspond to what I see on my screen, which is annoying.

Help!

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 7:10 PM

3 replies

Mar 14, 2023 2:56 PM in response to Dannymac22

Hello Dannymac22!

I hope you find this.

I’m here to answer a question you asked in another thread that is no longer active. (Meaning I can’t respond to you in the thread this pertains to.)

In this Thread, you asked:

“But how can I remove the icon for the app with the uninformative name from the home screen without entirely deleting the app…”

Easy, just hold down the screen on which the app is located, tap on the grey circle with a - in the middle, (the grey circle on the app you want to remove, that is) then tap: “Remove from Home Screen.”

After that, the app will show up in your App Library, but won’t show up on your Home Screen, or any screen, for that matter.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Feb 26, 2023 10:26 PM in response to Dannymac22

You can't use an iPhone to do that.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Try to export the contacts from google mail on a web browser. During Export select export as vCard and then

log in to https://www.icloud.com using your Apple ID credentials Tap Contacts app > Settings > Import vCard.

making all my contact lists the same

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.