Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did my iPhone 5s stopped working?

Hard to let go of my iPhone 5s.

It has been to many years of not knowing why my iPhone 5s stop working. I have gone over’n’over in my mind wondering what did I do? Where did I go wrong for my iPhone to stop working? all I did, was click the update request and waited BUT the iPhone turn off and has never turned back on.

Now we are in the year 2023 and I am still searching for an answer and I still have my iPhone 5s.

I have asked these questions to myself many times:

‘what do you want?’

‘what do you want to achieve?’

’what kind of outcome are you wanting?’

’what kind of answer do you want to hear?’

How do I closed this chapter, when all I am looking for is an honest answer. The truth of why after the attempt to updating my iPhone 5s it decided to turn off and has never turned back on again?

I believe when given an honest answer I will learn to accept the reason why this has happen and will let go and move on.

Good luck in answering my question/s.

I look forward in hearing from you.

kind regards

waina72

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 9:31 PM

Hey there,

It will be difficult for anyone to predict what happened to your iPhone without checking it manually, there may be a malfunction in the internal hardware of the device, or that the battery has been completely depleted and now needs to be changed, and since the device has been off for a while you may need to replace the battery, have you tried to force restart your iPhone?

if not try charging your iPhone first and then try to force restart it:

1. Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button.
  2. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

if that doesn’t work, your iPhone may need a service ☞ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2023 9:31 PM in response to waina72

Hey there,

It will be difficult for anyone to predict what happened to your iPhone without checking it manually, there may be a malfunction in the internal hardware of the device, or that the battery has been completely depleted and now needs to be changed, and since the device has been off for a while you may need to replace the battery, have you tried to force restart your iPhone?

if not try charging your iPhone first and then try to force restart it:

1. Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button.
  2. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

if that doesn’t work, your iPhone may need a service ☞ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Why did my iPhone 5s stopped working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.