Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick Actions - Create a PDF no longer working

For months, I could easily select one or multiple jpg files, go to quick actions, click 'create PDF' and it would instantly create it. After the latest update, (about a week ago) I can not longer do this. It simple sends me a message saying "There was a problem running this action."

Is anyone else experiencing this ? Is there a way to get it back, perhaps adjust something in the settings?

PS: I am certain the files I am using are .jpg files.

iMac 27″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 1:22 PM

Apple is not reading these public user-supported communities, nor do the product teams participate here. Unless users send direct feedback to the product team, they are otherwise engaged. There are sufficient numbers of us that have no issues with the Create PDF quick action in Ventura 13.2.1 that it may be a specific user environment focused issue and not a general fixable issue with the operating system.

Apple may be aware of an issue on their own, that effects some user configurations, and it may result in a fix in the next release of macOS Ventura — or not.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2023 1:22 PM in response to rharris001

Apple is not reading these public user-supported communities, nor do the product teams participate here. Unless users send direct feedback to the product team, they are otherwise engaged. There are sufficient numbers of us that have no issues with the Create PDF quick action in Ventura 13.2.1 that it may be a specific user environment focused issue and not a general fixable issue with the operating system.

Apple may be aware of an issue on their own, that effects some user configurations, and it may result in a fix in the next release of macOS Ventura — or not.

Feb 28, 2023 9:02 AM in response to DevinMacDougall

It sounds like some glitch may have confused the OS.

If a simple reboot of your Mac doesn’t fix things, see if the problem still happens in Safe mode (press and hold the shift key down at startup). It can take much longer to safe boot (10 min) so be patient.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support 

Safe mode is non-destructive to user data. It’s not a cure-all, but very often corrects  weird software behavior. When you're in safe boot, the machine will not be at its best performance, especially with graphics, but that's expected.

Does the problem persist while in Safe mode?

Exit safe mode by restarting your Mac normally and re-evaluate the issue again.

Feb 28, 2023 5:03 PM in response to DevinMacDougall

It may be that a reinstall of the macOS will return the functionality. You do not need to consider wiping and restoring the Mac to factory settings at this time.

Reinstalling macOS does not need to involve erasing anything and should leave all of your user files and data intact. It simply installs a fresh version of the current OS onto the drive, replacing any damaged or missing OS files.

In this case, you will restart your Mac from macOS Recovery, and then select Reinstall macOS.

You will NOT be erasing or partitioning anything.

Please see: How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Of course, it is always advised that you have an up to date backup of your system before you do this... just in case something should go sideways.

Please see: How to back up your Mac - Official Apple Support

Feb 28, 2023 9:02 PM in response to DevinMacDougall

We need to see what all is running, a report from this will not display any personal info...

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Pastebin is a good place to paste the whole report if you capture the URL while there…

Workable but harder for me to work with...the Note tool on the bottom of this editor's toolbar, as shown in the image, to copy and paste the output from EtreCheck. In a Reply before you click post, look for this to add longer texts...

Feb 28, 2023 4:20 PM in response to D.I. Johnson

D.I. Johnson, thanks for taking the time to reply.

I tried your suggeston. Sadly, it stll doesn't fix the issue. Thanks for the idea though.

I don't understand much about computers in general. Would a complete restart (restore factory settings) fix the issue? [Even though it is a lot of work, I do use the Quick PDF tool daily for my work, so it's worth the effort on my part.]

Quick Actions - Create a PDF no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.