Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only half my contacts are showing up on my MacBook Air m2

How do I get all of my contacts to show up on my MacBook? I’ve already tried the simple stuff to fix it like restarting my computer and making sure everything is checked between my cloud and Apple ID.

MacBook Air, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Hello cadance131,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities about Contacts. Since you tried the basics, this means one of two things.

1. You are out if iCloud storage: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

2 . More likely though, you are using multiple contacts accounts, either on your other iOS devices, or your Mac. So you need to check this entire article, for all device types: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won't sync - Apple Support

"If your contacts, calendars, and reminders are in iCloud, then iCloud automatically updates your information. If your information is in a third-party account, like Google or Yahoo, you can change your default account to iCloud. Changing your default account to iCloud won't move your existing information from a third-party service to iCloud."

3 . If you are using multiple accounts, you will need to export them from that platform, such as Gmail, using a vCard, then import them using these steps: Import or export a vCard in Contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Thanks.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2023 6:43 PM in response to cadance131

Hello cadance131,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities about Contacts. Since you tried the basics, this means one of two things.

1. You are out if iCloud storage: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

2 . More likely though, you are using multiple contacts accounts, either on your other iOS devices, or your Mac. So you need to check this entire article, for all device types: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won't sync - Apple Support

"If your contacts, calendars, and reminders are in iCloud, then iCloud automatically updates your information. If your information is in a third-party account, like Google or Yahoo, you can change your default account to iCloud. Changing your default account to iCloud won't move your existing information from a third-party service to iCloud."

3 . If you are using multiple accounts, you will need to export them from that platform, such as Gmail, using a vCard, then import them using these steps: Import or export a vCard in Contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Thanks.

Only half my contacts are showing up on my MacBook Air m2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.