Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

erasing series 4 watch

I am trying to reset my series 4 watch for trade in. I have removed the passcode, and have clicked on general> unpair apple watch. The watch face now just shows the screen to start a "pairing" to connect. I did not get the option to erase content on the watch. Does the unpairing accomplish this or did I miss a step? Because this is an older watch, the instructions I find don't quite match up to the actions available on the watch

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 3:42 PM

If you see the pairing screen on your Apple Watch and you've disabled Activation Lock, you've successfully erased your device and you're ready to trade it in.

To make sure your device is removed from your account, go to Settings on your iPhone and tap your name at the top. Scroll down to see a list of devices you're signed into – you should not see your Apple Watch on this list. If your device is still there, tap it, then tap Remove from Account.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 3:42 PM in response to ttop71

If you see the pairing screen on your Apple Watch and you've disabled Activation Lock, you've successfully erased your device and you're ready to trade it in.

To make sure your device is removed from your account, go to Settings on your iPhone and tap your name at the top. Scroll down to see a list of devices you're signed into – you should not see your Apple Watch on this list. If your device is still there, tap it, then tap Remove from Account.

erasing series 4 watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.