Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't update my iPhone to iOS 15.3

I can’t update my software from iOS 12.5.7to iOS 15.7.3

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 9:25 AM

Hello,

There are different ways to ensure the highest iOS that your device will support is installed on your device.

This support article has instructions about updating your iPhone or iPad wirelessly --> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You can also use Mac and PC computers to update system software: Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

When updating, your device will update to the highest version currently available that it will support, or it will just say it is up to date and can't install a higher version. Apple indicates ( Unable to update my iPhone 6 Plus from 12… - Apple Community ) I need to point out the obvious and state that if you want to run a higher system version than your current device will run, that you need to buy a newer device.

- If you have an iPhone 5S, 6 or 6plus, the highest you can currently update to is 12.5.7

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2023 9:25 AM in response to harshvir210

Hello,

There are different ways to ensure the highest iOS that your device will support is installed on your device.

This support article has instructions about updating your iPhone or iPad wirelessly --> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You can also use Mac and PC computers to update system software: Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

When updating, your device will update to the highest version currently available that it will support, or it will just say it is up to date and can't install a higher version. Apple indicates ( Unable to update my iPhone 6 Plus from 12… - Apple Community ) I need to point out the obvious and state that if you want to run a higher system version than your current device will run, that you need to buy a newer device.

- If you have an iPhone 5S, 6 or 6plus, the highest you can currently update to is 12.5.7

I can't update my iPhone to iOS 15.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.