iPhone Green Screen

My 13 Pro is facing the green screen of death issue, what can be done to fix it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 11:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 7:13 AM

My new Iphone 14 pro max is just under 5 months old and suddenly yesterday, it starts flickering green lines on screen while using and after 2-3 hours, the entire screen turned green. This is really a serious issue seen in new pro and pro max models of iPhone, Apple must do something regarding this.

118 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2023 7:13 AM in response to Shadhu

My new Iphone 14 pro max is just under 5 months old and suddenly yesterday, it starts flickering green lines on screen while using and after 2-3 hours, the entire screen turned green. This is really a serious issue seen in new pro and pro max models of iPhone, Apple must do something regarding this.

Oct 28, 2023 6:07 AM in response to Tara_I

I am happy that due to green issue in my iPhone I was faced the lots of pain due to this.

Now i sell my iPhone and happily purchase Samsung.

Now I phone is not giving quality for money, worst experience of iPhone....company only making profit and ignore customer. I think company should do all such green issue free of cost even the phone is not under warrantee.

We all take owth that we will never use apple product again.

Worst service

Apr 19, 2023 3:33 AM in response to ProustGiulio

I tried all these, I gave the phone to Apple care service.., They charged be Rs. 1750 for the diagnosis and came back the next day and told that it is a hardware issue. But dint give me a proper solution why this happend. Instead asked me to change the display for Rs31500.

How Apple can help?

Since it is out of warranty even the Apple support centre doesnt help and join hands with the service centre and foll us on this.

Atlast i have to spend a Rs 31500 to restore my iphone or just throw it in the garbage.

My Phone is only 1.5 years old.

Apple was a trusted brand once.

Sep 22, 2023 11:02 PM in response to Shadhu

This is a very serious issue & needs to be addressed.

My dad uses an iPhone 13 Pro Max and is facing white screen issues after updating the iPhone.

Apple was a trusted brand once. Because of your false update, we have to bear the cost, why is that so??

It's APPLE fault Apple should resolve it for free.

Apple hasn’t mentioned to any of the iPhone users that you shouldn’t update this version, it all the iPhone all the time, and when there is a big update it pups up to update it, so my dad did it, and after updating the iPhone, it turned into a white screen.

What is the resolution for this issue? Seems like a World Wide Issue!

FYI: There is no single damage on my dad's device

Sep 10, 2023 10:48 AM in response to kotipalli_P

Try connecting it to latest version of iTunes on PC using USB cable and force restart the phone.

i had similar issue which got resolved after I did the same procedure.

1. Connect USB cable to PC
  2. open iTunes app
  3. connect USB cable to iPhone
  4. force restart - press volume up key and release immediately , then press volume down key and release immediately. Then press and hold power button.

repeat this steps at least 3-4 times.

See if this works. Coz it surely worked for me.

all the best

May 12, 2023 3:25 AM in response to mponteres

Did you try calling apple support and asking for an exception? Since the green screen was caused by them and not the user. That’s what worked for me with my phone being out of warranty, you just have to be persistent and explain the situation well. Also had it checked and a diagnostic report was given at the istore stating that there’s no physical or water damage to my phone, then I was granted a one time LCD replacement free of charge. Only had to pay for the diagnostic

Mar 2, 2023 12:02 AM in response to Shadhu

Check if it is a temporary glitch, by using these gestures:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 10-20 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear, the one with the "slider" to turn the device off included).

If the issue persists, it could be a hardware (screen? other internal component?) failure but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Jun 3, 2023 7:24 PM in response to Shadhu

Faced the Same issue , Apple does not acknowledge it as a product bug even though I saw multiple people with same problem when I was at the Apple genius bar .. paid for the replaced screen.. my phone was 1.5 years old and I realise from all the comments that most of them had problem after 1.4 -1.5 yrs !!!

it’s most likely a bad batch issue so surprising how they won’t acknowledge it.. new screen warranty is only 90 days and they couldn’t commit that this same issue won’t come in the new screen after 90 days.

Jun 10, 2023 10:07 PM in response to Shadhu

Facing the Green screen issue in 13 Pro. Managed to do a backup somehow by guessing where the screen buttons would be. But Green screen still there after factory restore. This does seem to be a product defect and customers are made to pay for it. I am not going to buy anything beyond SEs in future.

iPhone Green Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.