Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

8 Year Old Makes $750 in unauthorized Roblox purchases within 24 hours. Apple denies the refund. What do I do?

Apple denies $750 worth of unauthorized Roblox purchases by my 8 year old.

What do I do?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 11:20 AM

Refunds are not guaranteed. For more information, see the Terms & Conditions.

If Apple has notified you that it is not eligible then so be it.

We can't help you, sorry, we are also users of Apple products & services like you. 

To avoid the case in the future, see:

Change the device passcode and never share it with others.

Change your Passcode -> Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Require a password for App Store and iTunes purchases

Require a password for App Store and iTunes purchases - Apple Support

Manage App Store purchases, subscriptions, settings, and restrictions on iPhone

Manage App Store purchases, subscriptions, settings, and restrictions on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

Prevent in-app purchases from the App Store

Prevent in-app purchases from the App Store – Apple Support (UK)

If you still need help, get more help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2023 11:20 AM in response to UnauthorizedRobloxPurchases

Refunds are not guaranteed. For more information, see the Terms & Conditions.

If Apple has notified you that it is not eligible then so be it.

We can't help you, sorry, we are also users of Apple products & services like you. 

To avoid the case in the future, see:

Change the device passcode and never share it with others.

Change your Passcode -> Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Require a password for App Store and iTunes purchases

Require a password for App Store and iTunes purchases - Apple Support

Manage App Store purchases, subscriptions, settings, and restrictions on iPhone

Manage App Store purchases, subscriptions, settings, and restrictions on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

Prevent in-app purchases from the App Store

Prevent in-app purchases from the App Store – Apple Support (UK)

If you still need help, get more help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

Mar 3, 2023 1:08 AM in response to UnauthorizedRobloxPurchases

If a normal request for a refund was denied you can make an appeal to Customer Relations.

When the 1st tier agent answers your call politely but firmly request that the call be escalated to Customer Relations. Don't speak to anyone about your issue but Customer Relations.

1-800-MY-APPLE

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.2.1; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.3.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.3.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.3.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.3.2; HomePods, audioOS 16.3.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

8 Year Old Makes $750 in unauthorized Roblox purchases within 24 hours. Apple denies the refund. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.