How to fix sudden yellow screen glitch after taking off Apple Watch Series 8?

Yellow screen appears for very small time Apple watch series 8 yellow screen glitch when taking off from wrist.

apple has even replaced multiple watch but e even the new one does the same problem. Anyone else has the same issue?

This is very annoying. Is this a hardware or a software issue? Also, what is Apple doing about it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 7:49 AM

Hello!

I have the same yellow screen glitch problem on my Apple watch series 8.

I've asked Apple for repair, and they checked it and found nothing.

They sent me back my watches, asked me to set upthe watches like a new device. It didn't help. I still have the same problem.

It's a screenshot before repair.

I've made also a video before repair with the yellow screen glitch and added it to youtube to show to Apple support consultant (I'll add a link.)

https://youtube.com/shorts/xaCsnDPJeMo?feature=share

I also have a video with the yellow screen glitch after repair.

https://youtube.com/shorts/InX04uuB0GM?feature=share

I'll try to do with it something, because my watch spent 1,5 months in services with no result, and it is only 4 monthes, I don't think it's normal with it's price, truly sad.

59 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2023 7:49 AM in response to Silviafr91

Hello!

I have the same yellow screen glitch problem on my Apple watch series 8.

I've asked Apple for repair, and they checked it and found nothing.

They sent me back my watches, asked me to set upthe watches like a new device. It didn't help. I still have the same problem.

It's a screenshot before repair.

I've made also a video before repair with the yellow screen glitch and added it to youtube to show to Apple support consultant (I'll add a link.)

https://youtube.com/shorts/xaCsnDPJeMo?feature=share

I also have a video with the yellow screen glitch after repair.

https://youtube.com/shorts/InX04uuB0GM?feature=share

I'll try to do with it something, because my watch spent 1,5 months in services with no result, and it is only 4 monthes, I don't think it's normal with it's price, truly sad.

Mar 4, 2023 11:50 AM in response to LD150

Thank you for your suggestions; I tried but unluckily it didn’t work: the yellow glitch persists. I understand it is probably not so serious, but it is very annoying… mostly because it has happened even with the second watch.

i’ll try to reach out for the assistance… I just hope it’ll disappear with some new software update…

if it has happened to anyone else, please let me know!

thank you

Nov 2, 2023 11:23 AM in response to Silviafr91

Update: I spoke once again with a senior engineer yesterday, and trying to turn a long story, short, this issue of the yellow flickering display is known to Apple. They are aware of it, but as it currently stands they aren’t overly sure as to the cause of it. Over the phone (through his suggestion), I gave him access to both my iPhone and Watch so he could look at the data logs and pinpoint the moment the issue happens. Whilst on the phone I was able to replicate the issue by taking my watch off, and through sharing my analytics he was able to find the exact moment/data coding of when the yellow flash appeared. This was then sent to the team that develop/build the watches in hope they can figure out the root of the problem.

I’m due a call tomorrow so hopefully should have some more information regarding this and finally having an answer to this annoying hiccup. I’ll keep you all posted.

Nov 12, 2023 1:47 AM in response to Jamzyyy

Update: So the “fix” was only temporary and the following day after installing the new update, the yellow flash returned. Thankfully I was due a call from the Apple Team yesterday as a “catch up” to see how things were going and explained the situation.

She reiterated that this issue is known and they are genuinely working on a solution. It’s not just affecting Series 9s but watches all across the board as far back as Series 5/6. As I am one of the first apparently to push this issue they are using my Watch device to gather as much data stamps to figure out what is causing the issue. Again, they seem to believe it’s relating to the sensors on the underneath. In terms of what to do with your watch if you’re having this problem, she advised to just keep hold of it until the Engineering/Development Team suggest otherwise. They are confident a future OS update will fix the problem.

I just thought I’d keep you all in the loop (as there isn’t much advice out there on this issue) and to kind of reassure you all that as it stands the watches you have aren’t “faulty” but are just experiencing a temporary “glitch” due to something hiding in the software.

Nov 18, 2023 5:28 AM in response to LD150

Even i got the replacement as well, and my new watch 8 still shows the issue and the case is still with apple engineering investigation.

Mostly i noticed when the watch is on AOD and try to remove while the watch is not in awake state.. have you guys noticed some other situation shows flashing ?

Mar 3, 2023 3:18 AM in response to Silviafr91

Nobody here knows what Apple is working on, but it does not sound too serious, particularly as it happened to multiple watches

First force restart the Watch 

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

Then, although it may seem irrelevant, while it is restarting Force Restart the paired iphone   Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK) 

Test it for a while. If it is still misbehaving... and the issue is worrying you, Contact Support again.

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers  

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

and or Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Jul 17, 2023 7:39 AM in response to LD150

Looking at pictures people have the yellow screen bug whilst using it, mine and my wifes series 8 both flashes yellow/white screen for half a second. This happens from going to sleep mode on. Taking off the watch, or when putting it on the table and the table doesn't go to sleep mode and when I pick it up it happens.

Has there been any update to this? Or is my problem not the same one?

Oct 28, 2023 11:44 AM in response to Silviafr91

I’m pretty glad I came across this. I’ve got a Series 9 and almost immediately noticed the same issue; take the watch off and the screen would flash yellow. Spoke to AppleCare+ and they offered a replacement.

I received the replacement watch (which I got 2 days ago) and again, the first time I took it off my wrist it did the exact same thing… I’ve looked high and low for an answer, but nobody, not even Apple can properly determine if it’s a software or hardware issue. I’ve got another scheduled call with a senior engineer tomorrow, but I don’t want to keep having my watch replaced if it’s still going to persist with the new device😅

Has anyone had any further luck than me, and sussed out what’s going on?

How to fix sudden yellow screen glitch after taking off Apple Watch Series 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.